The mission of the CATS program is to create an environment where all student-athletes have the opportunity to maximize their academic, personal, and social growth and improve their post-college quality of life.
FACTS ABOUT CATS
- In 1981, Kentucky became the first university in the nation to open an academic center dedicated to student-athletes.
- In 1998, CATS moved to its current location located in Memorial Coliseum adjacent to the Joe Craft Center.
- Funded by the Ohio Casualty Group Insurance, the Center for Academic and Tutorial Services has:
- 20,000 square feet of space, 2 levels
- A computer lab houses 37 state-of-the-art computers with universal access to software
- A study area accommodates 60 seats in a quiet atmosphere
- 25 private tutor rooms housing computers with internet access
- Over 1,000 hours of tutoring computed per week
- Over 100 tutors employed each semester
- Scheduled tutor sessions assigned at the beginning of each semester as a proactive measure